New Terms and Conditions of Use for Japanese 55-year Reanalysis (JRA-55) Products
Note: This page was originally sourced from our Blogger page: http://ncarrda.blogspot.com/2015/08/new-terms-and-conditions-of-use-for.html
As of July 31, 2015, the JMA has relaxed its Terms and Conditions of Use for Japanese 55-year Reanalysis (JRA-55) Products. The main change is that "JMA provides the datasets with no imposition of restrictions regarding the purpose of use and/or redistribution", especially for commercial purposes. This impacts RDA datasets ds628.0, ds628.1, ds628.2, ds628.3 and
ds628.4 (JRA-55, JRA-55C, JRA-55AMIP). The new conditions are as follows:
Purposes of Use and RedistributionJMA provides the datasets with no imposition of restrictions regarding the purpose of use and/or redistribution.
Terms and ConditionsJMA provides the datasets under the following terms and conditions:
a. Conditions of use
- Individual users must register their name, affiliation and email address with the Data Support Section (DSS) at NCAR.
- The source of the datasets should be duly acknowledged in scientific and technical papers, publications, press releases and other communications regarding the datasets. Example: The dataset used for this study is from the Japanese 55-year Reanalysis (JRA-55) project carried out by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
- Individual users should provide JMA (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of their scientific or technical papers, publications, press releases or other communications regarding these datasets.
- Although JMA has taken the utmost care in creating the datasets, it assumes no responsibility regarding their reliability. JMA is not responsible for any damage that may result from their use.
- The intellectual property rights of the datasets belong exclusively to JMA.