Integrating RDA data processing capabilities into a workflow
Note: This page was originally sourced from our Blogger page: http://ncarrda.blogspot.com/2017/03/integrating-rda-data-processing.html
- Get a summary of datasets that have subsetting available
- Get a list of parameters available for subsetting by dataset
- Submit a temporal, spatial, parameter subset request from a dataset
- Check on data request processing status
- Get a list of output files found in a completed data request (supports data transfer)
- Set up a Globus endpoint share for a completed data request
- Purge data request
- rdams-client.py: The rdams-client python utility can be run by registered RDA users to get parameters available for subsetting by dataset, to submit subset requests on select gridded data sets, to check on the processing status of any subset request, and to download completed request output files to a local system. This utility may be useful to users who want integrate data subset request submission and download as part of a broader workflow. Download and execute './rdams-client.py -help' for more details (make sure to set 'rdams-client.py' as executable). For additional information, see the CISL rdams documentation page.
- rda-request-manager.py: The rda-request-manager python utility can be run by registered RDA users to check RDA data request processing status, download completed request output files to a local system, and purge request files from the RDA data server. This utility may be useful to users who submit any type of request through the web interface (subset, file format conversion, or restage data from tape for download), and would like to create a cron job to check on request processing status, and download requests as they become available, instead of waiting for email notifications and downloading data through the web interface. Download and execute './rda-request-manager.py -help' for additional information (make sure to set 'rda-request-manager.py' as executable).