Google Problem for RDA Registration and Authentication
Note: This page was originally sourced from our Blogger page: http://ncarrda.blogspot.com/2022/06/google-problem-for-rda-registration-and.html
As of June 21, 2022, this problem has been resolved and users may resume using gmail.com and G Suite email addresses.
If you are a gmail.com or G Suite user, this information applies to you:
Beginning in late May, Google began blocking our automated messages as "unsolicited spam". We currently don't know when this problem will be fixed.If you are a new user:
- You won't be able to register a gmail.com address - we are blocking the ability to do this on our end.
- If your organization (other than UCAR) uses G Suite, you won't be able to receive our automated messages and therefore won't be able to successfully register your organization email address. UCAR email addresses are not affected by this problem.
- We have no way of knowing which organizations use G Suite, so we cannot block this on our end. If you don't receive an activation code from us after 48 hours, it means that your organization blocked our message.
- You won't be able to change your email address to a gmail.com address - we are block the ability to do this on our end.
- If you change your email address to a G Suite email address, the change will not be successful because you won't receive our automated verification message.
- We have no way of knowing which organizations use G Suite, so we cannot block this on our end. If you don't receive a verification message from us within an hour, it means that your organization blocked our message.
- If you are already registered with a gmail.com or G Suite address, you can continue to use that email address as long as you know your password. If you forget your password, you will not be able to reset it, and in that case, you will need to register a new, non-gmail.com, non-G-Suite email address to regain access.