JRA-55AMIP: The Japanese 55-year Reanalysis AMIP-type Simulation
| DOI: 10.5065/D6TB14ZD
As a subset of the Japanese 55-year Reanalysis (JRA-55) project, an experiment using the global atmospheric model of the JRA-55 was conducted by the Meteorological Research Institute of the Japan Meteorological Agency. The experiment, named the JRA-55AMIP, has been carried out by prescribing the same boundary conditions and radiative forcing of JRA-55, including the historical observed sea surface temperature, sea ice concentration, greenhouse gases, etc., with no use of atmospheric observational data. This project is intended to assess systematic errors of the model.
When accessing the JRA data, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
a. Conditions of use
- Individual users must register their name, affiliation and email address with NCAR before access to datasets will be permitted.
- The source of the datasets should be duly acknowledged in scientific and technical papers, publications, press releases and other communications regarding the datasets. Example: The dataset used for this study is from the The Japanese 55-year Reanalysis AMIP-type Simulation (JRA-55AMIP) project carried out by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
- Individual users should provide JMA (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of their scientific or technical papers, publications, press releases or other communications regarding these datasets.
- Although JMA has taken the utmost care in creating the datasets, it assumes no responsibility regarding their reliability. JMA is not responsible for any damage that may result from their use.
c. Intellectual property
- The intellectual property rights of the datasets belong exclusively to JMA.
The complete JMA and NCAR agreement for JRA-55 (and JRA-55AMIP) may be viewed via the Documentation tab.
|Air Temperature||Canopy Characteristics||Cloud Frequency||Cloud Liquid Water/Ice|
|Convergence||Dew Point Temperature||Evaporation||Geopotential Height|
|Gravity Wave||Heat Flux||Heat Flux||Humidity|
|Land Surface Temperature||Land Use/Land Cover Classification||Longwave Radiation||Precipitation Amount|
|Precipitation Rate||Shortwave Radiation||Snow Depth||Snow Water Equivalent|
|Soil Moisture/Water Content||Soil Temperature||Streamfunctions||Surface Pressure|
|Total Precipitable Water||Tropospheric Ozone||Upper Air Temperature||Upper Level Winds|
|Vegetation Species||Vertical Wind Velocity/Speed||Vorticity||Water Vapor|
Latitude Range: Southernmost=90S Northernmost=90N Detailed coverage information