Archive Format - post-proccessed file archive format:
- BI - binary COS blocked *
- C1/CH - ASCII/character COS blocked *
- TAR - multiple files archived into one file via 'tar'
- Z - compressed via UNIX 'compress'
- ZIP - compressed via 'zip'
- GZ - compressed via 'gzip'
- BZ2 - compressed via 'bzip2'
means ASCII COS blocked,
then tarred, and then gzipped.
* COS blocks can be checked and removed by the Unix utility programs 'cosfile', 'cossplit', and 'cosconvert'. These utilities are available on most CISL computers; otherwise see our COS-blocking documentation page at http://rda.ucar.edu/index.html#cosb to download them.